Pages

Welcome to the World of Reading

Welcome fellow readers! I hope you enjoy some of the popular books I have reviewed for you. I hope you take some of these books into consideration. May your journey through the knowledge of reading be as exciting as life. Happy Reading!!!!!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti


The Holocaust. The most harsh, cruel time for world. Helmuth struggles with in this tragic situation. Helmuth is a young German kid who used to believe that Hitler was the best. He wanted to be just like Hitler. He cared so much Germany and felt the need to serve as a solider when he got older. But now time has passed and all he wants to do is scream at Hitler. Helmuth decides to do what is against the law. He listens to BBC, the British radio and proves that RRG, the German radio, is all lies. Then he decides to do the most boldest act of all. Post leaflets about Hitler and his terrible leadership and his inhumane acts. Will this take him to a victory, or to jail? This book is actually based on a real story about a Hitler Youth. Some people may find it boring but you can't judge a book by it's cover. And that is exactly what I thought at first. But once I really got into the book, it started to talk to me. I started to get this connection with the character and I started to feel what he felt. I started to finally understand the hardships of not only the Jews, but also the Germans. I thought that this heart warming story will warm the hearts of so many more. Helmuth was the boy who dared to go against the entire Nazi people and Hitler. The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti. is a story you will never forget.

Buy it now!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment